For Meditation created by Deacon Joe and Easter Almuena:
1. TEMPERANCE: Hold the tongue when spoken to with an irritating tone
or hurtful words. (Proverbs 21:23)
2. JUSTICE: Work for universal peace and for the common good. (Matthew 6:24)
3. PRUDENCE: Focus on the spiritual — my relationship with God — rather than the physical,
e.g., If you eat one chocolate, how about picking up the bible and read for
at least 10 minutes? (Psalm 62)
4. FORTITUDE: Pray the “Hail Mary” when facing difficulties, or, say “Thank you, Lord”
for big and little things that tend to be annoying. (2 Corinthians 12:9-11)
5. CHARITY: Say “I love you” often but most of all, ask how you may be of help.
(Beatitudes, Matthew 5:3-12)
6. FAITH: You’ve done your best, leave everything else to God. (Romans 8:28)
7. HOPE: Say or post on social media only words that build up the person and
the body of Christ. (1 Thessalonians 5:11)
My grandson Cuppy was very jealous of her baby sister when she was an infant. He had been replaced as the most loved child in the whole wide world, so it seemed, because he attempted to poke his sister's eyes many times. One time, as his mom was fixing lunch in the kitchen, she heard a loud cry. There, underneath, Cuppy's sister's eye was a red mark.
Things have changed since then. We have had the pleasure of being with Cuppy after a year for 2 weeks. Cuppy adores his sister. Cuppy is firmly and steadfastly in love with his sister. He guards her and looks for her when not in sight. Such is the love of God for us. Shall we not do the same?